This will probably be my first woodworking project. Not too challenging, and learning to play it may help my sleep apnea.
(From FranceDigeridoo.com (rahan))
[Translated by Google (from French) and reinterpreted/simplified by me, though all credit goes to rahan at the above link]
Dimensions of Wooden Pieces-Parts
- A & B: trapezoids: h = 400 mm, BASE = 212 mm, base = 172 mm
- C: 173 x 40 mm
- D: 380 x 40 mm
- E: 100 x 40 mm
- F: 393 x 40 mm
- G: 345 x 40 mm
- H: 330 x 40 mm
- Cut the pieces.
- Make the mouth hole in piece C before gluing.
- On piece A, draw the locations of the other pieces.
- Assemble without gluing to determine any gaps. Correct any irregularities as necessary to ensure tight seams and good fit of all pieces.
- Glue pieces C, D, E, F, G and H onto A starting with the inside walls. Continue through the long outer walls and finish with pieces E and C.
- Note: parts H and F will be a bit off because they are not at right angles to parts E and C.
- Finish the inside of the didge-in-a-box to protect it and clarify the sound a bit. Finish the inside of piece B by putting tape where it will contact the other internal pieces; the finish may not adhere correctly with the glue.
- Apply the glue to piece B and secure with clamps or weights..
- Sand the edges.
- seal any open seams.
- Finish the outside as desired.
- Optionally add a wax mouthpiece.
- The CD gives an idea of the actual size!.
Decent sounding and inexpensive. Also compact for easy travel.